2015 | Salzburg
Nominee, Mies van der Rohe Award 2017
Nominee, Staatspreis Architektur 2016
Nominee, Architekturpreis Land Salzburg 2016
The entire project came about in cooperation with the firms hobby a. | CS-architektur | strobl architekten in the form of “ARGE Panzerhalle” –
our office is responsible for hangar C.
The hangar area in Maxglan/Taxham on the premises of the former Struberkaserne barracks was constructed in 1939, expanded in 1952, and served as a workshop for tanks and other vehicles until the Austrian Armed Forces left the property.
New spatial qualities are provided in the interior with multi-floor, extensive units. The desired loft character is achieved with help from plenums, interior connected views, and light guidance over multiple floors.
Usage space: 3,566 m²
Beginning of planning: April 2012
Completion: April 2015
Construction time: 36 months
Photos: Volker Wortmeyer